The distance learning resources can be accessed wherever and whenever it suits you best. Each module combines a mix of resources to provide a unique learning experience tailored to the content of the respective course. All materials are available on edX Edge, a cutting-edge platform for online learning. This learning platform is much more than a content-loaded website; it streams professional lectures and tutorials, allows you to access teaching materials, enables interactive lectures and webinars, and facilitates interaction with your fellow students, teachers, and program managers. RWTH Aachen University joined forces with the world’s leading universities to contribute to the development of this leading platform, originally established by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. This ensures constant improvement and the inclusion of the latest features and technologies in online learning – and the very best distant learning experience for you!
The digital learning resources brought to you on our online platforms include:
- Video Lectures: All online courses include professional video lectures by established professors. In contrast to in-class lectures, these video lectures can be viewed whenever and wherever works for you.
- Screencasts: Ideal for tutorials and introduction to tools and computer programs, screencasts (speech over slideshow or other computer screen content) convey practical knowledge.
- Online Self-Assessments: To help you monitor your own progress, in many core courses short self-assessments are available following videos or screencasts.
- Lecture Transcripts: For several courses full verbatim video transcripts in pdf format will be available to facilitate your learning and exam preparations.
- Interactive webinars: Several courses include live webinars between instructors and students at key course milestones (e.g. welcome, mid-term, exam preparation).
- Peer information: In order to facilitate interaction and extension of your professional network, the platform offers information and contact with your peers.
- Digital bookshelf: Core teaching materials, books, journal articles and video transcripts are available online to facilitate flexible learning. In addition, university library resources including e-books and scientific literature can be accessed online.
Most content is downloadable to allow you to work flexibly, for instance while travelling. edX is accessible on various devices including notebooks, tablets, and smartphones. Beside internet access, you only need to have a webcam, microphone and headphone to take part in the interactive sessions.
If you would like to learn more about our digital courses, we invite you for a free trial of one of our massive open online courses that are part of the RWTH MicroMasters on edx.