What type of entry visa do I need to study at RWTH Business School?

After you have been admitted to one of our Master programs, we will sent you a visa letter which you will need to apply for a student visa at the German embassy of your home country.

Important: Do not enter Germany with a tourist visa as it cannot be changed into a residence permit for studies! Even with the admission certificate to a German University, without the proper visa, you will be required to return to your home country.

In general, EU Nationals and Nationals of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, citizen of Australia, Israel, Japan, Canada, New Zealand, South Korea, Switzerland and the United States of America do not require an entry visa. For Non-EU Nationals you will require an entry visa for the purpose of studying at RWTH Business School.

How long does it take to apply for an entry visa?

In our experience, the visa application procedure may take two to three months from the day of submission of your visa application to the day that you actually receive the visa, provided that you have submitted all the necessary application documents to the Germany embassy or consulate in your country. Therefore, international students who are required to have a visa, should take time into account and schedule an appointment with the embassy or consulate to apply for a visa as early as possible.

I am a non-EU passport holder but I have formal approval to live and work in the EU. Which application deadline is relevant for me?

The relevant deadline is 1 March for all Non-EU passport holders. Even if you are legally allowed to live and work in the EU or already live in an EU member state, the same deadline still applies as it is based on your nationality.