- This abbreviated version serves to summarize the detailed terms and conditions below and does not replace them.
- These terms and conditions form part of any contract on continuing education concluded with RWTH Business School.
- Registrations for educational events may be handled via e-mail, fax, mail or the electronic application portal of RWTH Aachen, the RWTH platform for continuing education and the corporate website. A contract is only concluded once a respective contract of participation is signed or a confirmation of registration has been delivered.
- The educational events are fee-based. Further details are determined by the contracts of participation.
- In case of default of payment, dunning costs are due with the second reminder of payment.
- Depending on the time at which participation in an educational event was canceled, cancelation fees apply.
- RWTH Business School reserves the right to cancel educational events due to an insufficient number of participants. Alternative offers are suggested to participants. Should these not prove acceptable to the participant, already paid participation fees are reimbursed to the full amount.
- Contents and media used during the educational events are protected by copyright. These media may not be multiplied, distributed or used for any other purpose but participating in the respective educational event.
- Participants receive a respective certificate of their achievement after successfully concluding the respective educational event.
- All event documents are protected by copyright. Participants are not permitted to create audio-visual records during the educational event.
- RWTH Business School does not assume any liability for the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of the event documents and contents or for damages resulting from their application or distribution.
- RWTH Business School is only liable in cases of malicious intent or gross negligence.
- Participants consent to the possible use of photo or video records including their image by RWTH Business School as well as its agents. This consent may be revoked at any time in written form.
- Personal data are stored and processed according to the currently valid data protection regulations.
- The court of jurisdiction is Aachen.
Terms & Conditions
Scope of jurisdiction
For participating in educational events by RWTH Business School GmbH, Campus-Boulevard 30, 52074 Aachen (subsequently “RWTH Business School”), the present terms and conditions exclusively apply. Other contradictory terms and conditions of third parties or participants do not apply.
Registration / confirmation of registration
Registrations for educational events are accepted via e-mail, fax or phone. Furthermore, it is possible to use the electronic registration portal of the RWTH Business School website, the RWTH platform for continuing education or the official application portal RWTHonline of RWTH Aachen to sign up for educational events of the RWTH Business School.
By registering for an educational event, participants have acknowledged and consented to the contents and the definition of target groups. Participation in an educational event may additionally be subject to an examination of knowledge and language skills according to the previously defined and event-specific admission requirements.
The registration only becomes legally binding by both sides signing a contract sent to them in written form or by the RWTH Business School confirming the participation in writing.
Any legally binding registration is subject to these terms and conditions.
The educational events as well as additional services available optionally are fee-based, per person and event. The costs of payment transactions are always borne by the participant.
The participation fee is due after receipt of the bill and is to be paid without deduction to the account stated in the bill.
In the case of a default of payment, a payment reminder is sent free of charge within at most 10 days. Afterwards, dunning costs to the amount of 2 % of the due participation fee are added for the first and 50 euros for any further reminder of payment. As an option, the RWTH Business School reserves the right of canceling and reassigning the spot in the event in the case of non-payment.
Admission may be denied under certain conditions depending on the educational event. More details can be found in the confirmations of participation and the participant contracts.
Participants have the right to cancel their binding registration. Such cancelation is to be explained in written form.
Depending on the time at which participation in an educational event was canceled, cancelation fees apply.
The cancelation fees are set individually in the participant contracts. If not defined, the following applies:
- Cancellations up to 60 days before the start of the event will not incur any cancellation fees.
- For cancellations up to 30 days prior to the start of the event, cancellation fees of 20% of the participation fee will be charged.
- For cancellations up to 14 days prior to the start of the event, 50% of the participant fee must be paid.
Alternatively, the canceller is free to nominate a substitute person for participation in a booked certificate course/seminar.
If the participant does not attend a registered training event, the full participation fee must be paid.
The participant is not entitled to partial or full reimbursement of event fees already paid in the event of illness or early departure from the course.
Right of cancelation for consumers
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reasons. The cancelation period is 14 days after the day of contract conclusion.
In order to execute your right of cancelation, you have to inform us about your decision to cancel the contract in a clear declaration (e.g. a letter by mail or an e-mail). For that purpose, you may use the cancelation form included below. Please note that this is not required. To stay within the cancelation period, it is sufficient to send the notice of executing your right of cancelation prior to the cancelation period ending.
Please direct the cancelation to:
RWTH Aachen Business School GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0) 241 – 8099367
Consequences of cancelation
If you cancel this contract, all payments received by us, including shipping costs (unless you have selected another type of shipping than our standard, most affordable type of shipping), have to be reimbursed without delay and within at most 14 days from the day when your notice about canceling the contract has reached us. For the reimbursement, we will use the same means of payment as used during your original transaction, unless another means of payment is expressly agreed with you. Under no circumstances will we add fees for this reimbursement. We may refuse payment until possibly shipped goods have been returned or proof of such return shipment of goods is provided, depending on what occurs earliest. You have to return the goods by mail or in person without delay and under any circumstances within 14 days after our receipt of the cancelation of contract. To comply with the grace period, the goods have to be shipped prior to the grace period ending after 14 days. You bear the immediate costs of return shipping.
If you have demanded for the services/events to begin during the cancelation period or if the services/events booked by you start during the cancelation period, you will have to pay us an appropriate share of the intended total sum, corresponding to the share of services provided until the time of receipt of the cancelation notice.
Template cancelation form for consumers
If you wish to cancel the contract, you can fill out this form and send it back to us.
RWTH Aachen Business School GmbH
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hereby, I/we (*) cancel the contract concluded with me/us (*) over providing the following service/goods (*):
Name of consumer(s)
Address of consumer(s)
Signature of consumer(s) (only when providing written notices on paper)
(*) Delete as applicable
Cancelation by the organizer/change of event
Should, contrary to expectation, too few participants sign up for an educational event, the RWTH Business School reserves the right to cancel an educational event. Participants will be informed promptly.
The RWTH Business School will, as far as possible and reasonable under the circumstances, suggest alternative offers to the participants of canceled educational events. If the participant agrees, he or she will be assigned to the alternative offer free of charge. Should this not be acceptable to the participant, any potentially paid fees will be reimbursed to the full amount. Further claims, in particular regarding reimbursement of travel or accommodation costs as well as absence from work, are excluded.
Should an educational event be canceled at short notice, e.g. because of the lecturer falling ill, the above conditions for cancelation under other circumstances will equally apply.
The RWTH Business School reserves the right to any changes in organization, staffing or location or the procedure of an educational event, provided these do not significantly affect the overall character of the educational event.
Certificates of achievement
Participants will be granted a certificate of attendance and a qualified university certificate for the successful completion with examination.
All event documents (both in physical and in digital form, such as e.g. video and audio recordings) are protected by copyright. The multiplication, distribution or other usage of the documents as well as any documents, graphics, audio-visual materials as well as other information carriers provided by the RWTH Business School or its agents is only permitted with express written consent by the RWTH Business School.
The events are carefully prepared and executed by qualified authors and speakers. The RWTH Business School does not assume any liability for the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the event documents, the execution of the educational event and its contents. In particular, the RWTH Business School does not assume any liability for possible damages resulting from the application or distribution of knowledge acquired or conveyed in the course of the educational events.
The RWTH Business School is liable for such property and financial damages it is at fault for, no matter for which legal reason – but only insofar as it can be charged with malicious intent or gross negligence.
Within all educational events, taking photographs or creating audio-visual recordings of any kind is forbidden, with the exception of persons specifically assigned by the RWTH Business School for this purpose and given express permission in written form.
The RWTH Business School processes and stores the data collected as part of the participation in an educational event and permanently guarantees the protection of such data.
Court of jurisdiction
The court of jurisdiction is, unless the participant is not a natural person, Aachen.