Investing in yourself means investing in your future – an investment that needs to be carefully considered since it needs a significant amount of time and financial resources. The right direction might not be an easy decision but money should not be the reason to stop you from taking this next step. Therefore, we support promising candidates with several scholarships. Please find below more information on our tuition fees, our scholarships and the scholarship application process, as well as external scholarship opportunities.
Fees & Scholarships
Information on tuition fees and internal & external scholarships.
The tuition fee varies depending on the program. For our DDS program, our MME TIME program as well as our full-time MBA program the total tuition fee is 30,000 € (thirty thousand euros). For our Executive MBA program the total tuition fee is 39,000 € (thirty-nine thousand euros).
In addition, each student has to pay a social contribution fee to RWTH Aachen University, which amounts to approximately 300 € per semester. Students in Germany who finance their studies themselves might be able to deduct the tuition fee from the taxes they pay within Germany.
RWTH Business School Scholarships
RWTH Business School offers several scholarships in order to promote particularly suitable candidates.
The RWTH Business School Excellence Scholarship of 6,000 € is awarded to particularly outstanding candidates who convince us holistically – with their academic achievements, their professional and social commitment, and their motivation. The scholarship recipients are exclusively selected by the Admission Team; an application is not possible.
RWTH Business School fosters promising candidates based on their commitment regarding their studies. Applicants who have an outstanding academic background are therefore rewarded with an Academic Performance Scholarship of 4,000 €.
Our programs focus on developing entrepreneurs who are able to turn new technologies into viable and socially responsible business models. Therefore, we promote candidates who convince with creative and solution-oriented thinking and who have learned to seize opportunities, master challenges and take responsibility with a 4,000 € scholarship. Decisiveness, a continuous willingness to learn, and resilience are further qualities we value.
We seek to support ambitious women on their way to fulfilling their career goals and thus foster diversity in our programs as well as in the industry with our Women in Tech Scholarship. The scholarship of 4,000 € is awarded to outstanding women with academic and/or professional excellence or strong social commitment.
In addition to academic achievement, we also place great value on social commitment. This can be expressed, for example, through volunteering, involvement in student initiatives, or basically working on solutions that benefit society as a whole. We support positive contributions to social change with a 4,000 € scholarship.
RWTH Business School, in cooperation with VDI nachrichten, is offering a scholarship exclusively for the Executive MBA program. The scholarship is aimed at applicants with a background in engineering and can be up to 10,000 €.
Please note: Applications for this scholarship must be received in full by March 31; in addition, the assessment must be completed by mid-April at the latest. A decision on the scholarship award will subsequently be made in May.
RWTH Business School offers a scholarship in cooperation with e-fellows. The scholarship is exclusively for e-fellows or e-fellows.net alumni and amounts to 4,000 €. Further information can be found here.
Application for our scholarships is possible each year from October 1 until July 15 for EU applicants, and from October 1 until March 1 for non-EU applicants, if you are applying for our DDS program or the MME TIME program. If you are applying for our Full-time MBA or our Executive MBA program, the scholarship application is possible from October 1 until August 31 each year.
Please note that multiple internal scholarships cannot be combined. Our Early Bird discount and our scholarships cannot be combined either.
Please submit your complete scholarship application online together with your application. We will then assess your provided documents and award the scholarships to the best applicants. Please note that the committee’s decision will be final and is not subject to legal recourse. Applications can be made through the following form:
External scholarship opportunities
There are several scholarship opportunities available for international students. We highly recommend you to start searching for an appropriate scholarship as soon as possible. Please find below institutions that offer scholarships as well as further databases for scholarships.
- ALEARG: Argentinian students may apply for this scholarship. This joint program with DAAD supports scholarship holders for up to two years.
- ALEPRONA: Peruvian students may apply for this scholarship. This joint program with DAAD supports scholarship holders for up to two years.
- BAföG: German students can receive BAföG if they fulfill certain requirements. For more information about the requirements visit the website.
- Colfuturo: Colombian students can apply for a loan/scholarship from Colfuturo. Study costs are divided into two parts, with Colfuturo covering one half and providing a loan for the other. More information regarding this financing possibility can be found on their website.
- CONACYT: Mexican students can apply for a full or partial scholarship. This joint program with the DAAD covers the full tuition fees and gives additional support for a monthly living for scholarship holders.
- LPDP – Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan: Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education offers a full-ride scholarship from the Indonesian Ministry of Finance for all Indonesian citizens.
- Mummert: Students from Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, or Hungary may apply for a “Mummert” scholarship.
- SENACYT: Students from Panama can apply for this scholarship. This joint program with the DAAD supports scholarship holders for up to two years.
- DAAD: The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) offers a scholarship database with a broad variety of scholarship programmes for international students on its website. Please visit the website to find more information on these programmes.
- RWTH Database: RWTH Aachen University also offers a Scholarship Database.
- KAAD (Catholic Academic Exchange Organization): Christian students from emerging or developing countries such as Asia, Africa, Latin America, or the Middle East can apply to the KAAD for a scholarship.
- (SPD) – Friedrich Ebert Stiftung: Students from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe can be eligible to apply for a scholarship program offered by the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung. Please visit their website to see if you meet the requirements.
- (CDU) – Konrad-Adenauer Foundation
- (Die Linke) – Rosa-Luxemburg Foundation
- (FDP) – Friedrich-Naumann-Foundation
All current as well as prospective students at RWTH Aachen University are eligible to apply for this financial assistance. The application period is from June 1 to June 30. The scholarship targets Bachelor/Master students at RWTH Aachen University with excellent study results (within the regular period of study). International students are eligible for the “Deutschlandstipendium” part of the scholarship that currently comprises 149 out of 589 scholarships of the education fund. Those scholarships cover €300 per month for one year. If you are interested, please visit the RWTH Aachen University website.
- KfW Study Loan: Undergraduate and graduate studies as well as certificate courses, including part-time courses are funded. Accordingly, every degree programme offered by the RWTH Business School can be funded. You may request a monthly payment ranging between €100,00 and €650,00. The amount can be adapted within this scope for each semester seperately. The loan is given independent of income or assets. Security for a loan is not required. However, only German or EU students are eligible. For more information please visit their website.
- DAAD-STIBET-Matching Funds: This partial scholarship is designed for bachelor/master students who need to work in order to cover their monthly living expenses. This scholarship’s purpose is to relieve these students and to give financial support during examination periods. 10 scholarships of €400,00 each are offered for three months per year.
- DAAD Scholarship for International Students: The DAAD offers scholarships mainly for postgraduate education and training (doctoral studies, research). Master’s degree students from selected countries may apply for DAAD scholarships. However, the selection process is highly competitive. For detailed information on available funding opportunities for international students, graduates, doctoral candidates, postdocs, and lecturers please visit the DAAD Scholarship’s database. The applicants must submit their applications either to the German Embassy in their home country or to a DAAD branch office there.
- Scholarships from educations.com: Educations.com is offering one postgraduate scholarship of up to €5,000 to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure. The scholarship is open to students from any country who will be studying for a master’s degree abroad at a European university or graduate school. Additionally, educations.com offers the Go Global MBA Scholarship of up to $7,000 to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to the next step in your career.
- Femtec Career Building prepares female students for their career and future leadership responsibilities, teaches interdisciplinary transferable skills, and provides further support after graduation.
- TANDEM Mentoring Programme has been successfully operated for several years and is offered by the Integration Team, a Rectorate staff unit at RWTH Aachen University. In one-to-one mentoring partnerships, mentees are supported by their mentors in developing their goals and potentials typically for the duration of 1 year to 1 1/2 years. Furthermore, they foster particularly talented female students, Ph.D students, and postdocs on their way to a future leading position.