Application, Selection and Funding
The following admission requirements apply to the RWTH Aachen Executive MBA:
- University degree
- At least five years of working experience with a minimum of two years with budget and/or management responsibility
- Very good German and very good English skills
(Some modules are held in German and some modules are held in English)
You can apply to the RWTH Aachen Executive MBA program at any time. Monthly selection assessments are held in Aachen, or by arrangement by videoconferencing.
- Written application
- Convincing statement of purpose with information on the current area of responsibility and motivation for studying in a postgraduate program
- Current CV and work certificates
- University certificates, including grades
- Proof of English language skills (from private or professional biography or a certificate C1)
By email to email@example.com
- Selection Assessment
- Half a day in Aachen or by videoconferencing
- Presentation and discussion of the assessment task with the Academic Director
- Personal consultation to clarify your questions about the structure, content and sequence of the course of studies
- Admission and registration
- Acceptance decision on assessment day
- If applicable, handover of the certificate of acceptance
- Assignment of the place of study in the order of the applications received up to the allocation of all study places
Next study start: September 17, 2018
- RWTH Business School postgraduate education tuition fees: €9735 per semester (4 times). This fee includes all study modules, examination fees, electronic documents, teaching materials, breakfast on the event days, conference drinks, executive talks, social events, sporting events and the graduation ceremony as well as the flight and accommodation for the study trip.
- RWTH semester contribution: approx. €260 (4 times). This compulsory fee for all students at RWTH consists of a student ID card and a ticket valid for public transport within NRW during the semester.
- Costs of accommodation and living in Aachen during the module weeks; personal travel expenses of the one-week international exploration trip (visa, flight, accommodation and food).
All expenses may be fully taxed for the three calendar years in which the studies take place, provided that they are useful to the pursued or aspired profession.
Our Participant Profile
All participants in the RWTH Executive MBA have at least a first degree, and in many cases a master’s or even a doctorate, usually in a non-business area. Most of the participants are between 35 and 45 years old and have more than ten years of professional experience.
What connects all participants in the RWTH Aachen University Executive MBA is that they work in a technology-oriented industrial company or service provider. They are experienced experts from different departments: research & development, production, logistics, marketing or sales as well as controlling, finance, or human resources. As the range of their tasks and responsibilities increases, they recognize the need to further sharpen the personal profile and look beyond the professional horizon at the same time. Our participants want to understand complex relationships and steer rapid developments in the company. To this end, they need to develop their insight into the requirements of other specialist areas, business management know-how and professional management tools.
The composition of the group of participants represents the diversity of the industrial working world. It enables an interdisciplinary exchange on a personal level and changes perspectives. The expert networks, which are developed over two academic years, represent as valuable and sustainable a gain for many participants as the course of study itself.
If you recognize yourself in this description, then you are in the right hands with us!
This is how a recent alumnus described his experience on the MBA:
"The EMBA gave me a whole new way to look at technological developments in the market and to use them for my company. For true technology management, you have to be able to do both of the following: understand technology like an engineer and strategically manage people and processes like a manager. By learning this, in addition to my former engineering studies, I have gained a great deal. I now have a much broader understanding of economic and strategic contexts and how to control them in a company."
Dipl.-Ing. Christoph Eßer-Ayertey, MBA, graduation 2015
DVS - German Welding Society
Thanks to the program’s modular design and the compact intensive weeks, you are able to combine study with work and family life. For me, it was optimal not to have to go to the university several times per week and at the weekend, but always one to two weeks at a stretch. Before, I had also thought of an online or a correspondence course of study. But there one is left alone and writes mainly theoretical homework. This is not sufficient for the workplace, where you need to apply management skills. Therefore, I found the intensive modules with the other participants particularly valuable. In the group work, we trained every time how to really apply what was taught in the lectures; from this work, there resulted many ideas and insights that now flow into my daily work.